ECE WEEK April 22 – 28, 2012
Boutique & Activities
All information on the activities that we are offering can be found in the spring issue of Child Care Bridges and also available on our website www.mccahouse.org
Boutique items are showcased on our website and available to order on March 22, 2012 .
(You can also download a copy of the Proclamation signed by the Minister of Family Services & Labour off of our website to post in your facilities) www.mccahouse.org
- Billing Periods
Our goal is to maintain a positive relationship with the families in our Centre. The Parent Policy has been designed to ensure that parents are provided with a clear understanding of the rights and responsibilities that exist between the parent and the Centre. We urge you to read the Policy carefully before registering your child and to ask questions of the Site Manager if you find anything unclear.
This form is necessary as it provides the Centre with important information about your child and your family life. As with all information regarding your family, this remains confidential and is only shared internally on a need to know basis, for accounting purposes as well as for government reporting requirements to Child Day Care. Please refer to our Privacy Statement.
Download the Nursery Online Registration Form
Download the Nursery and Preschool Curriculum Statement
MP Glover Applauds Kenyan Association of Manitoba (KAM) - posted August 28
This month, I had the pleasure of attending a fundraiser put on by the Kenyan Association of Manitoba to raise funds for East Africa. I was so inspired by the leadership role this organization is taking. We cannot fail our brothers and sisters in East Africa, and I am so proud of KAM and all who joined them for doing what they can to help.
More than 12.4 million people are affected by drought throughout the Horn of Africa and tens of thousands of people have died. The UN has warned that severe famine will spread within two months if aid groups are not able to provide food and other lifesaving assistance to people inside Somalia.
Our Government, through the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), is increasing its financial contribution by $50 million. This is in addition to the $22.35 million provided by CIDA earlier this year for humanitarian assistance in the region.
Now is the time to give! For every dollar an individual Canadian donates over a 10-week period (retroactive to July 6, 2011, and ending September 16, 2011) to a registered Canadian charity responding to the drought in East Africa, the Government will contribute an equivalent amount to the East Africa Drought Relief Fund.
To learn more about the situation in East Africa or to find a charity to donate to, please visit: http://www.acdi-cida.gc.ca/acdi-cida/acdi-cida.nsf/eng/ANN-72082543-GL5.
To support KAM’s efforts, contact:
Phone: (204) 694-1402 or (204) 791-2631
Kenyan Association of Manitoba
RPO Fort Richmond, P.O. Box 34140
Winnipeg, MB R3T 5T5
Thank you for doing whatever you can to help!
MACCPF provides access for parents to borrow books on disabilities, parenting and other relevant topics. Our focus is to strengthen and empower families, enhance the capacity of parenting, and foster the optimal development of children.
As a MACCPF parent, you will have access to the following list of resources. Once you have finished browsing the available books, simply check the ones that you would like to borrow. Fill out the Request Form and click the SUBMIT button. Your request will be processed and sent to your Site Supervisor. Upon approval of book availability, you will be able to pick up your requests directly from your child's centre.
Terms and Conditions
- Books may be borrowed by MACCPF families only.
- Late fees will be imposed for material not returned by date due, and for material not returned by the new due date after a recall notice has been issued.
- A borrower is responsible for library material borrowed in his/her name. Lost books should be reported promptly to the Site Supervisor.
- Borrowers losing or failing to return books, or returning them in a damaged condition are subject to repayment as determined by MACCPF.
- The loan period is for two weeks and a maximum of two books can be borrowed at one time.
- 52 Simple Ways to say I Love You By Stephen Arterburn & Carl Dreizler
- A Different Kind of Perfect By Cindy Dowling, Neil Nicoll, Bernadette Thomas
- Abuse is wrong in Any Language By Health Canada
- Autism Spectrum Disorders By Chantal Sicile-Kira
- Becoming a Love & Logic Parent By Jim Fay, Foster W. Cline, & Charles Fay
- Bestfeeding – How to breastfeed your baby By Mary Renfrw, Chloe Fisher, Suzanne Arms
- Bullyproof your Child for Life By Joel Haber, Ph.D
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Children with special Needs By Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Heather McNamara, and Karen Simmons
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Mother of Preschooler’s By Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Maria Nickless and Elsa Morgan with carol McAdoo Rehme
- Children of Fast-Track Parents By Andree Aelion Brooks
- E-Parenting By Sharon Miller Cindrich
- Getting it Right with Teens By Madelyn Swift
- Good Parenting through your Divorce By Mary Ellen Hannibal
- Helping Children & Youth Live with Separation & Divorce By Health Canada
- Helping your Anxious Child By Ronald M. Rapee, Ph.D. , Susan H. Spence, Ph.D., Vanessa Cobham, Ph.D., and Ann Wignall, M. Psych.
- Helping your Child overcome Separation Anxiety or School Refusal By Andrew R. Eisen, Ph.D., Linda B. Engler, Ph.D.
- How to bury a Goldfish By Virginia Lang and Louise Nayer
- How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk By Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
- I Love you, Let’s Work it out By David Viscott, M.D. s
- Just because it’s not wrong doesn’t make it right (2 Books) By Barbara Coloroso
- Keys to Parenting an Adopted Child By Kathy Lancaster
- Kids are Worth it! (2 Books) By Barbara Coloroso
- Life Preservers By Harriet Lerner, Ph.D.
- NO…Why Kids of all ages need to hear it and ways Parents can say it. By David Walsh, Ph.D.
- Parenting with fire – Lighting up the Family with Passion and Inspiration (2 Books) By Shmuley Boteach
- Play Therapy with Children in Crisis By Nancy Boyd Webb
- Pregnant and Alone By: Anne Ross
- Queen Bee Moms & Kingpin Dads By Rosalind Wiseman
- Raising Baby Green By Alan Greene, M.D.
- Raising Resilient Children By Robert Brooks, Ph.D., Sam Goldstein, Ph.D.
- Raising a Self-Disciplined Child By Robert Brooks, Ph.D and Sam Goldstein, Ph.D.
- Raising Your Spirited Child By Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- Roots of Empathy By Mary Gordon
- Signing for Kids By Mickey Flodin
- Teach Your Children Well By Madelyn Swift & Victoria Mathies
- The Book of Hope: How Woman can Overcome Depression By Helen A. DeRosis, M.D. & Victoria Y. Pellegrino
- The Complete Kid’s Allergy and Asthma Guide By Dr. Milton Gold
- The Dance of Anger By Harriet Lerner, Ph.D.
- The Dance of Deception By Harriet Lerner, Ph.D.
- The Difficult Child By Stanley Turecki, M.D.
- The Everything Parent’s Guide to Raising Girls By Erika V. Shearin Karres,Ed.D.
- The Explosive Child By Ross W. Greene, Ph.D
- The Hurried Child (2 Books) By David Elkind, Ph.D
- The Minds of Boys By Michael Gurian
- The Mislabeled Child By Brock Eide, M.D., M.A. and Fernette Eide, M.D.
- The Mother Dance: How Children Change your Life By Harriet Lerner, Ph.D.
- The Mother of All Toddler Books By Ann Douglas
- The New Baby & Child Care Encyclopedia By Leading Health Care Authorities
- The Parent’s guide to Play By Dr. Wendy S. Masi & Dr. Roni Cohen Leiderman
- The Sleep easy Solution (2 Book) By Jennifer Waldburger
- Understanding ADHD: Our Personal Journey By Nina Anderson & Howard Peiper
- What Every Woman ought to know about Love & Marriage By Dr. Joyce Brothers
- What to Expect: The Toddler Years By Arlene Eisenberg, Heidi E. Murkoff, and Sandee E. Hathaway
- Why Men Stray, Why Men Stay By Susan Kelley
- Woman who Love too much By Robin Norwood
Unsubsidized Child Care Fees: (effective July 2012)
Infant - $29.00/day
Preschool - $19.80/day
School Age - $9.95/day & $19.80/day for inservices
Child Care Online for Parents:
To search for a licensed child care facility, use the Subsidy Eligibility Estimator, or use the Online Subsidy Application, please follow this link:
Billing Periods for 2013
- December 23 2012 - January 19 2013
- January 20 2013 - February 16 2013
- February 17 2013 - March 16 2013
- March 17 2013 - April 13 2013
- April 14 2014 - May 11 2013
- May 12 2013 - June 8 2013
- June 9 2013 - July 6 2013
- July 7 2013 - August 3 2013
- August 4 2013 - August 31 2013
- September 1 2013 - September 28 2013
- September 29 2013 - October 26 2013
- October 27 2013 - November 23 2013
- November 24 2013 - December 21 2013
- December 22 2013 - January 18 2014
Back-up the valuable data stored on your office or home computer!
By clicking the link below you will automatically be associated with the “Morrow Avenue Child Care Programs for Families” fundraising initiative. This affiliation will provide 15% ongoing residual revenue to help us continue to deliver the best child care possible.
Child Care / Community Links
Bright Horizons Family Solution
Canadian Father Involvement Initiative
Enclyclopedia on Early Childhood Development
Safe Sleep for your Baby
Be Healthy Canada (Manitoba)
Caring for Kids
Health Canada - Consumer Product Safety
Health Care Quarterly
Healthy Habits for Life
Manitoba Healthy Eating
Symptom Checker at MayoClinic.com
The Mayo Clinic